Thursday, February 4, 2010

A R T

This blog is a space for everybody, affluent or lay-person, to discuss art, whatever that word may mean, and figure out its relevancy to our lives. Its a place for me to spill thoughts, random images and ramble on for countless paragraphs (that you may choose not to read) about nothing more than something useless. Useless in the sense of no direct function in our lives. Yes, art have its place in the world, and there are many theories on its function, but think about the question "what does art do for us?" or better yet, try to define art in one sentence. While these questions may seem straight-forward, they are easier asked than answered. And while one person thinks they might have the answer, it will not, no doubt, be right nor wrong.

I know a few of you out there are thinking, "WOW, he's got WAY to much time on his hands." But the simple truth of the matter is... well, I do. And these are questions that, as artists of any form, we must begin to ask ourselves.

From the previous BLOG site that I've had experience with, I've learned that a blog can be very gratifying. It's like you're own personal virtual space to throw-up (literally) thoughts or images that you find interesting. But, I found the last blog experience even more gratifying when I knew people were actually reading it. For those of you who are still reading at this point, I'd like to treat this one more as a forum than a blog. I ask that if any of this strikes a spark in your brain, then please comment and ask questions. More than anything, I want to here everyone's opinions, not just listen to the voices in my own head.

what relevance does art have in our lives? and
try to define art in one sentence.

P.S. If you havent check out the old blog, you should

No comments:

Post a Comment